Saturday, October 07, 2006

moose... please dont stomp me


[This is a rewrite, the first one crashed on me] With my migraine still lingering on my mind, from a unseccessful battle the night before, I woke myself up at the buttcrack of dawn and headed out. I decided that instead of leaving immediately, I would go shoot some pics at a spot that I skoped out the night before. It was pretty cool. It had a really ghostly feel to it, and I was able to slip and slide all over some seaweed on the rocks.
After that, I left. I had had enough of Acadia. I decided to be crazy and drive way up north just for the day, and go to Baxter State Park. I debated the entire time I was heading up as to whether or not I should do it.... and man was it worth it! I got to see some Moose!!!



The moose came extremely close to me. It was like 2ft away from me! It and its calf! It was so close that I was actually scared to make any sudden movements becuase I might scare it, and then it would stomp me out of a natural instict to protect its baby. Ahhh.... I can see it now.... Photographer from Texas critically stomped by a moose in northern Maine. Eye witnesses say it was because he sneezed and startled it, which cause it to make a call, rearup, and stomp on him several times.


After some very fun shots of the moose, I headed back down through Bangor, and on into Newport. Not wanted to pay for another night of motel/camping fees... I did what any car sleeping person would do in a time like that..... I found the closest Walmart parking lot. It was nice. They turned the street lights off for me.... I had my own secluded parking spot away from everything... And I didnt even have a lights out time or quiet hours! I definately got more than what I paid for.
So settling into my car, I called my wonderful wife, ate some chilli, and went to bed. I froze though, because instead of using my sleeping bag as a blanket... I used my jacket. I dont really know what I was thinking. I guess I wasnt, but I managed to get enough sleep to last me the whole next day. Oh, and if you are reading my blogs..... please leave a comment and let me know what you think. Or ask any questions you would like.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That moose photo is awesome! Congrats on catching that one. I love the one with the colorful tree lined road as well.
Mom

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leaf pictures are beautiful!!
I love the luggage picture. I had to chuckle about the comments. I can't wait to hear what Dad says.
Mom Y

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture of the tree lined road makes me want to run skipping down the middle of it holding hands with my children and singing, "This is the day!"

What can I say............
Auntie Laurie

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home